What is International Student Voice Magazine?
International Student Voice Magazine is written by international students to support their peers and to assist higher education professionals to better understand the needs and challenges of international students in the U.S. colleges and American students studying abroad.
The printed version of ISV Magazine is a 24-page, full color magazine shipped to universities and colleges in the fall and in the spring. The magazine is also converted to an electronic version so it can easily be shared via email with students and colleagues. The fall and spring issues feature particular topics important to international students, feature scholarship and ISV Spotlight Award winners, and much more.
The ISV Magazine website shares stories, news, scholarship information, and more on a daily basis.
How is International Student Voice Magazine a Resource?
- Actively advocates for international students studying in the U.S. and around the world and American students studying abroad
- Shares student experiences, challenges, and success in pursuing their academic and professional goals, building a community through shared experiences
- Serves as a resource not only for students, but also for higher education institutions, administration, and faculty and staff and campus community to better understand and collaborate with international students at their universities
- Provides up to $10,000 scholarships each year for international students
- Works closely with the Department of Homeland Security to provide immigration resources
How Can We Utilize International Student Voice Magazine at My University/College?
- Provide ISV Magazine as an additional resource for students currently studying in the U.S. when it comes to news, immigration, and scholarships
- ISV Magazine is an opportunity to share your students’ experiences in order to promote the institution to an international audience
- A profile of a supporting university/college is on the ISV Magazine website and promoted to students interested in studying in the United States
- University and College administrators can contribute their expertise to ISV Magazine! Provide resources to a large international audience and your tips for success
How Can a University/College Support International Student Voice Magazine?
An office at a university/college can support ISV Magazine by subscribing for $109.99/academic year. A subscription includes:
- 5 printed copies of each issue (fall and spring)
- An electronic copy of each issue that can be shared with students and colleagues
- Listed as a supporting institution on the ISV Magazine website
- A profile of your institution will be on the ISV Magazine website and promoted to an international audience looking to study in the United States
Subscriptions can be customized. If you need an invoice before submitting payment, please email Carrie Circosta, Editor in Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Who Currently Subscribes to International Student Voice Magazine?
To view a list of current universities/colleges subscribed to ISV Magazine, please click here.