This weird trick to free up more storage on your iPhone is quickly spreading across the web! See if it will work for you.
Allegedly there is a trick that will clear up space on your iPhone without having to delete any photos or apps!
The trick appeared on Reddit last month. Here how it works:
- Go to Settings –tap on General –tap on About. Scroll until you see “Available”. That tells how you much storage you have.
- Go to the iTunes Store
- Pick an HD movie of your choice to rent and make sure it’s a BIG download. For example: the HD version of The Avengers, that’s a 6.5 GB
- DON’T WORRY. You’re not spending money. Just keep reading.
- Hit “Rent” two times.
- You’ll see the spinning wheel. Then you’ll get the dreaded message “There is not enough storage available”. That’s OK!
- Keep tapping “Rent” as many times as needed. Go back to your Settings and you should have more storage space. It may be small, but if you do it enough times you should be able to add a couple of GBs. Eventually, it will hit a point where you can’t gain any more space.
BE CAREFUL: Be sure to check your storage space after each attempt. You may actually clear enough space to start the movie rental.
So how does it work?
Apparently when you do this your iPhone is clearing out caches and other data from apps on the device to make more room.
Try it and let us know if it works!