The fall 2014 issue is available! Learn more about what’s inside and how you can access the issue.
The team at International Student Voice Magazine is excited to share the fall 2014 issue of the magazine. Inside you will find a variety of resources, scholarship information, and advice:
- Read the winning essay written by Daniela F. Gomes Da Silva (Brazil) from the University of Texas at Austin. She won $500 sponsored by Margaret W. Wong & Associates.
- Read the winning essays from our microcholarship winners: Polina Panicharova (Bulgaria) from Florida State University and Basel Almahozi (Saudi Arabia) from Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Find out the schedule for our spring 2015 microscholarships and when to apply!
ISV SPOTLIGHT AWARD
We take the time to recognize an international student who is a role model for other students and works hard in making their campus inclusive and internationalized.
- Winner: Yashwant Prakash Vyas (India) from Texas A&M University
ADVICE FROM INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Don’t Be One-Dimensional Mohammad Nozari (Iran) from Drexel University is an international student, researcher, teacher, student organization officer, commuter, husband, father, and provider. Read why he’s so involved and why YOU SHOULD BE TOO!
- Start Out Small, Get Involved Ahmed Balogun Mohammed (Nigeria) is the first international student to ever be elected of the student government at the University of Wyoming. His shares his advice on how international students can get involved on campus.
INSIDE STUDYING ABROAD IN ISRAEL
- Read about the moments leading up to the evacuation of eight Michigan State University students from Israel during the summer of 2014.
- Read the reaction from Mitchell Bill (United States) and Will Mianecki (United States), two students on the study abroad trip.
FEATURE: A LIFE OF UNCERTAINTY
Have you ever wondered what would happen if your student visa paperwork wasn’t filed?
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TO U.S. CITIZEN
- While studying on an F-2 visa in the United States, Saral Shrestha (Nepal/United States) joined the U.S. Military through the MAVNI program. He is now a proud U.S. citizen.
- Learn more about his journey and if you qualify to join the U.S. Military through MAVNI.
- With 500 postcards and counting, be part of Elizabeth Saunders’ (Canada) project that helps her mother fight a progressing disease. Send a postcard today!
PHOTO CONTEST WINNERS
- Congrats again to our summer 2014 photo contest winners: Shanea Strachan (Bahamas) and Olivia Crosley (United States)
RETURNING TO THE U.S. AFTER WINTER BREAK
- If you plan on traveling outside of the U.S. during break, we have need-to-know information so you can smoothly come back with no problems! Information is provided by Carissa Cutrell on behalf of the Student and Exchange Visitors Program with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Subscribe today!
Individuals: use the form below to subscribe.