Fall is the unofficial start of the cold and flu season in the United States. As a college student, you have many resources available to keep yourself healthy.
Visit your student health center or local pharmacy and talk to your advisors for resources specific to your school.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. CDC offers many online resources for health promotion, prevention and preparedness. Use the following tips from CDC to help prevent the spread of germs on campus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth — this is how germs are spread
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that may be contaminated with germs
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with others
Explore the CDC website for more information on how to stay healthy while you study in the United States.