The University Writing Center at Texas A&M hosts workshops just for international students to help improve their English skills.
“Aggies helping Aggies write and speak well” is the motto for the University Writing Center at Texas A&M.
According to its website, the purpose of these workshops is to help international students get more comfortable communicating in English. These workshops are set up to be informal and interactive.
Here is a list of topics for the spring 2013 semester:
- Jan 28—Introduction to Conversational English
- Feb 4—Giving a Speech
- Feb 11—Grammar
- Feb. 18—Writing Effective Sentences & Paragraphs
- Feb. 25—Beginning the Writing Process
- March 4—Building an Argument
- March 18—Slide and Poster Design * (to be held in Room 2405 of the MSC)
- March 25—Business Correspondence
- April 1—Resumes
- April 8—Job Interviews
Information courtesy of writingcenter.tamu.edu
Featured photo courtesy of http://aggiemedia.tamu.edu/wallpapers/